Enjoy Prescott, Arizona and the activities in the Courthouse Square
Our location is a gateway
to historic Crown King, Arizona
Explore the many area lakes, mountains, trails and landmarks
Local casinos, restaurants, shopping for everyone!
We are in the heart of pioneer country. Take your family on a fun back road tour. We can help direct you on your trip if you would like. Some ideas for local trips are:
1) CROWN KING, ARIZONA
Take a Tour to Crown King, Arizona and other exciting destinations in your own off-road capable vehicle (The Creekside Preserve no longer offers guided back country tours). Leave from the Creekside Lodge in the morning and enjoy the ride up the mountain to see Crown King, one of Arizona's longest standing mining towns. Details on your Crown King trip...
2) GOLD PANNING TRIP TO GHOST TOWN OF McCABE
McCabe's post office was established December 31, 1897 and was discontinued October 31, 1917. You can still go gold panning on the dry creek (usually dry - but can run during monsoon season)) that runs through the valley that runs through where McCabe stood. Details on the McCabe Gold Panning Trip
3) SENATOR HIGHWAY BACK-COUNTRY TOUR TO PRESCOTT
This is the old pioneer miners road which goes from Crown King over the Bradshaw mountains. This is a rough 4x4 type road that most people never see. Details on the Prescott Back Country Tour
When Guests stay at the Creekside Preserve, they can take advantage of special offers for the following interesting places and activities in the area:
4) Verde Canyon Railroad
The Verde Canyon Railroad is often referred to as the finest train ride in Arizona and acclaimed as Arizona’s longest-running nature show. Passengers enjoy this four-hour scenic train ride in first-class style aboard renovated passenger coaches and open-air viewing cars pulled by vintage locomotives. Visit the Verde Canyon Railroad website.
5) Bowling at Antelope Lanes
Need some family fun? Try bowling at Antelope Lanes in Prescott Valley. Bowling is a fun way for families and friends to enjoy a night out.
6) Quailwood Golf Course
Enjoy a round of golf at Quailwood golf course in Dewey, AZ.
7) The Creekside Preserve’s Western-Themed Gift Shop
8) Yavapai Downs at Prescott Valley
Northern Arizona's premier horse events facility offers horse racing, simulcast events, rodeo events, the Yavapai County fair, and much, much more. See what events are going on!
9) Sharlot Hall Museum in Prescott
Sharlot Hall Museum is the largest museum in the central territory of Arizona, and is dedicated to providing educational adventures in human and natural history.
10) The Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary in Prescott
Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary, formerly known as Heritage Park Zoo, is a non-profit wildlife sanctuary, dedicated to the conservation and protection of native and exotic animals.
Enjoy countless hours of fun and excitement during your stay at the Creekside Preserve
- See Crown King, Arizona - a popular old historic mining town!
- Many other ghost towns and historic sites wait to be discovered!
- Take a short drive to Prescott's historic courthouse square.
- Bring your ATVs and explore the many miles of local trails.
- Bring your golf clubs and tee off on on of Prescott's many golf courses! We have two courses very nearby in Dewey!
- Bring your dog and let them run wild in the nearby open ranges!
- Arcosanti, Jerome, Agua Fria National Monument are just up the road!
- Rent a horse from the nearby Pot A Gold Stables, (928) 632-4430.
- Visit the two popular casinos that stand nearby!
- Enjoy the Prescott area's famous restaurants, galleries, antique shops and shopping centers!
- Weekends are a great time with many local events such as the Bluegrass Festival, The Christmas Lighting, 4th of July and much, much more!
- YOU CAN ENJOY ALL OF THIS AND STILL SLEEP IN A COMFORTABLE PRIVATE CABIN RETREAT!
- Contact Us for Information, Pricing and Reservations...
When you are done for the day,
Enjoy a private jacuzzi hot tub
in your cabin!